Monday 13 January 2014

Journal #1

In this week's lesson we was given the brief of our Year 12 Coursework, we was put into group of 4s. My group consists of Megan Harris, Christian O'Brien and Sophie Scott. I am happy with this group as I feel we have individual views towards media yet we are all mature and confident to share ideas into the work.
I wasn't too happy about the brief of the coursework, making a title sequence immediately panicked me as I realised we could onlyt use only 2 minutes of film to show the main features of our film idea. I thought it sounded hard to do but when looking at student's past title sequences's and general title sequences from youtube I have now seemed to grow more confidence about what I need to do.

Our group did struggle when we was given time to make up a plot of a film, we especially struggled with the genre as some wanted horror and other wanted action. We settled with a suspense genre film with a dark story towards it to satisfy the ones which wanted a horror genre in it. I found deciding a film idea quite stressful because creating a film idea without thinking about how the title sequence would be first to be quite concerning incase no good ideas would come out of the film idea for the title sequence. After worrying about that situation I realised that I was happy about having other people to input into my coursework as they can contribute things that I may struggle at.  

After our lesson on wednesday, we created a chat group on Facebook to communicate together more frequently about our ideas as we all have different free periods so we are unable to meet up altogether during study hours. Ideas were resolved on the group chat and our unclear thoughts on our film idea in lesson became more clearer. I felt from this decision that our group will work well in the following weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment