Tuesday 11 February 2014

Zoom In and Zoom Out practice shots

After doing the pan-shot we also did Zoom In and Zoom out shots. I was really pleased how these came out because I think the focus on the writing on the paper is effective and works smoothly. I expected the zoom to react faster but the speed that it increased and decreased was a good speed for what we want in the scene. We are going to use these shots when Maria and the doctor and writing in their diaries near the beginning of the title sequence.



This is the first attempt at an over the shoulder Zoom In, I think as a first attempt this was successful and that hopefully when filming our title sequence our Zoom in will be even better than this one after playing around with the camera throughout this week.



And this is our over the shoulder Zoom out, I think the Zoom out looked more effective than the Zoom in despite being happy with how both of them are. The Zoom out shot is more central on the paper and then zooms back over her shoulder which is quite an effective way for the audience to acknowledge something significant on screen. As this was only our first attempts on both, I am certain me and my group will find a smooth way of zooming into the item in hand centrally.

No comments:

Post a Comment